View Single Post
Old Monday, August 08, 2011

Agha Zuhaib is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan wadhwani View Post

In terms of religious obligations such as Daily Prayers, fasting, poor-due and pilgrimage, woman is no different from man. In some cases indeed, the woman has certain advantages over man e.g. the woman is exempted of Daily Prayer and fasting during her menstrual periods and 40 days after her child birth and she is also exempted of daily prayers and fasting during her pregnancy when she is nursing he baby, if there is any threat to her health and her baby’s.

The attendance of congregational for women is optional while it is mandatory for men.
Dear Brother one more thing i would like to acknowledge you here that you have mentioned that during the menstrual period fasting is exempted and also 40 days after child birth. Here we should not use the word exemption because it means free from obligation, because a menstrual woman has to complete her fasts after completion of that period. We should say that woman during menstrual cycle has Provisional Immunity. As soon as any woman competes her menstrual cycle than she is liable to complete those fast which has been missed by her during menses and similar case with child birth issue. only prayers are 100% exempted. It is mentioned in Shaih Muslim

Book 003, Hadith Number 0662. (Sahih Muslim)
----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter : It is obligatory for menstruating woman to complete the abandoned fats, but not the abandoned prayers.

Mu'adha said: I asked 'Aisha: What is the reason that a menstruating woman completes the fasts (that she abandons during her monthly course), but she does not complete the prayers? She (Hadrat 'Aisha) said: Are you a Haruriya? I said: I am not a Haruriya, but I simply want to inquire. She said: We passed through this (period of menstruation), and we were ordered to complete the fasts, but were not ordered to complete the prayers.

I hope I have clear this Issue. Thank you
faizkhosa (Monday, August 08, 2011), israrahmed (Tuesday, August 09, 2011), maha4799 (Tuesday, August 09, 2011), MoonSaghar (Monday, January 14, 2013), Roshan wadhwani (Tuesday, August 09, 2011)