View Single Post
Old Monday, August 22, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imran bakht has a spectacular aura aboutimran bakht has a spectacular aura aboutimran bakht has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigious View Post
I attempted:

7. All citizens should be required by law to vote.Discuss.

My outline was:

-What is the meaning of Vote System:
-Here I described vote system that it is the constitutional right of every citizen to caste their vote and to elect his own choice of representative then I discussed that in pakistan, it means a person who has 18 years age then he has constitutional right to vote and to use this power for the best interest of the state.

- Then I discussed that in almost every state, there is democratic form of govt and people elect there representative by casting their votes. Then I said, casting of votes and democracy are almost the same thing and vote system is the pre requisite of democracy. I also quoted one quotation of the Abraham Lincoln "democracy is the govt of the people, by the people and for the people"...

-Then I discussed the using of vote system and the election/constitutional system of India, Germany, US , UK & China (each one in small and separate paragraph).

- I also said that vote system is also prescribed by the Islam and has presented the selection of Hazrat Usman(RA) as example and said that It was almost the same as of the present vote system.

-Then I discussed the problems and shortcoming of Vote system i.e:

-No Change bcoz of less illiteracy and no value/importance of vote.
-Traditional elites and their vested interest.
-Lack of communication.
-Poverty
-Wrong use of vote
-Selling of votes bcz of poverty, ignorance and no value of vote.
-Wrong attitude/performance of the Leaders and as a result no hope of masses from their leaders.

-Then I said that this is the main reason that people giving no value/importance to their votes and bcz of above mentioned problems the casting of votes in Pakistan and all developing countries in every election is less than 50 percent...

-Then I suggested remedies:

-Media should play their active role in building awareness and they should go to coverage in rural and all other areas.
-International community should have to play their active role by sending their representatives and by monitoring all the process of election.
-Pakistan election commission hav to do alot of improvement in their performance. Need to check up the whole process and to enhance transparency.
-Education & awareness amongst masses.
-Serious work to alleviate poverty.
-Also the most important those areas where citizens are not given their constitutional right. The concerned authority should need to take active strong notice and should hav to give them constitutional right of casting their votes e.g in tribal areas Women are not allowed to caste their votes; the Govt & concerned authority need to take strong action and hav to giv this constitutional right to the tribal women etc...

- and last but not the least, at the end I said that "Inspite of some shortcomings, vote system is the best system in the present time . We should remove all the shortcoming which are present in the vote system. then I quote Imran Khan "We need to bring change by ballet not by bullets".
.................................................. .................................................. ....

P.S:
My outline was and data was almost the same but presentation was not not upto mark...

Allah give me just 40 marks bass...please...

Ya Allah help us plz... Prayers for all of you....

good attempt according to me and wish you and all the members a nice score
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imran bakht For This Useful Post:
dr250 (Monday, August 22, 2011), prestigious (Monday, August 22, 2011)