View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohaib Baloch View Post
DSP is not a civil servant according to the definition of civil servant by Civil Servant Act 1973.However, her contribution merits this award.
I just re-read the definition and there is no mention of specific posts to be considered as a "civil servant". Maybe my understanding is wrong and maybe you can elaborate?

The definition I used is as follows.
b) “civil servant” means a person who is a member of an All-Pakistan Service or of a civil service of the Federation, or who holds a civil post in connection with the affairs of the Federation, including any such post connected with defence, but does include-
(i) a person who is on deputation to the Federation from any Province or other authority;
(ii) a person who is employed on contract, or on work-charged basis or who is paid from contingencies; or
(iii) a person who is “worker” or “workman” as defined in the Factories Act, (XXV of 1934), or the Workman’s Compensation Act, 1923 (VIII of 1923):
Thanks.