View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 24, 2011
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  16

Zohaib Baloch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
I just re-read the definition and there is no mention of specific posts to be considered as a "civil servant". Maybe my understanding is wrong and maybe you can elaborate?

The definition I used is as follows.
b) “civil servant” means a person who is a member of an All-Pakistan Service or of a civil service of the Federation, or who holds a civil post in connection with the affairs of the Federation, including any such post connected with defence, but does include-
(i) a person who is on deputation to the Federation from any Province or other authority;
(ii) a person who is employed on contract, or on work-charged basis or who is paid from contingencies; or
(iii) a person who is “worker” or “workman” as defined in the Factories Act, (XXV of 1934), or the Workman’s Compensation Act, 1923 (VIII of 1923):
Thanks.
You have followed the correct definition and the answer is also given.There is a difference between civil servant and government servant.A civil servant is the employee of federation.Federal government to be precise.APUG (DMG,PSP,SG) officers are member of all Pakistan service.Other occupational group officers are members of civil service and those who hold posts in the federation are civil servants.Like wise civilians who are working in defence organisations on permanent Basic Pay Scale basis are civil servants.However,it excludes those on contract,semi-government or autonomous bodies.Like wise, the provincial service officers or those hired by the province are not civil servants.In principle,every civil servant is a government servant but not all government servants are civil servants.PSP officers are civil servants but DSP or provincial police officers are government servants.The above mentioned DSP was recruited in Punjab Police not Police Service of Pakistan that is why she is not a civil servant but a government servant.

I hope that I might have cleared my point a bit.This was just to sensitize the aspirants here the difference between Civil Servant and Government Servant and should not be construed to belittle her contribution or to create a sense of discrimination.Just for academic purpose.

Thanks

If you must say yes, say it with an open heart. If you must say no, say it without fear.
Coelho