View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 31, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post
Excuse me, RedMax, brother you will be having your own perceptions and ideas about Domicile issues, but so far as my opinion is, i would still prefer Sindh Rural domicile. There are some cogent reasons for supporting the permanent address and having domicile of Sindh Rural;

i). The foremost thing is your identity /recognition. Even after twenty years, if somebody will ask your basic area, you people will never say Hyderabad or Karachi, rather you will say Shikarpur, Larkana etc. Why because of a simple reason, you people belong to that soil. One should not leave that identity.

ii). Secondly, as per policy of the Government, quota of Sindh Urban is around 7.6%, while for Sindh Rural it is 11.4%! This quota is not for CSS only rather for all other services. One can get chance for recruitment for some other posts to be a Civil Servant and the quota matters in various cases.

iii). For your education purposes, if you wish to get yourself admitted in any good university of the country, you can get benefit of your Sindh Rural domicile, example is off course Quaid e Azam University. There are fellows with very humble background and with very low grades in their previous exams, but they were able to get themselvs enrolled in QAU only on the basis of their Sindh Rural domicile.
My friend prefers Punjab domicile because there are 50% seats for Punjab province. Ask the ones who were NOT allocated because there were probably more than double the number of candidates against limited seats. But apparently if you are seeing 50% quota, you may rush & get a domicile of Punjab.

I have a friend who belongs to district Mirpurkhas, Sindh but is living in Rawalpindi since last couple of years. He had his postal address changed in his new NIC & can apply for a Punjab domicile now. That doesn't change his background & to your surprise he can still speak his mother tongue as well as travel back to his forefather's village on Eid & other occasions with proud. If that's NOT enough, I may quote an example of an other friend holding Green Card of USA. That doesn't make him a native American & he's still the son of the same soil where he was born.

Regardless of 7.6% quota for Sindh Urban, there are two digits seats (more than 10) still vacant since not many people could appear/qualify in the past few years. I met a guy from Sindh Urban having merit no.248 (CE-2009) is allocated in DMG & is currently in his STP. With the same merit no. a candidate from Sindh Rural is less likely to get top 2 or 3 groups & most probably will fall in Accounts. On the other hand, candidates from Sind Rural are ever on the rise. With an exception to 2010, you would find Sindh Rural candidate making it to the to top ten including a topper in 2006 & 6th position in 2009. That shows Sindh Rural seat is not an everyone's cup of tea.

Anyways, like I said before, choice is for you people the ones who are holding two domiciles to take your decisions wisely. I have put the case before you to the best of my knowledge.

Regards,
sarang ali shaikh (Wednesday, August 31, 2011)