View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Shahzaib Abbasi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazibRoomi View Post
Abbasi I think we already had enough discussion on this topic in another thread and I feel there is no use of continuing this argument any further because this violent ideology of religion-based-mass-killing deserves no debate. Batoon ki tu baat hi nahi hay, jo app ko marnay ko aye app bhi ussay maro.
Roomi, it was important for me to respond as you sought the references from Quran and Sunnah on the topic of Islamic State and I provided it as best I could. The discussion we had earlier was whether the founders intended the state to be secular or based on Islam. There too, I feel, I proved to you that there couldn't have been any other reason but Islam for the creation of Pakistan. There too I provided you with numerous references.

Your argument that "religion-based-mass-killing" is what the ideology of Islamic State is, is nothing but a cop out from a reasoned discussion. But of course you are free to choose to look the other way or simply choose not to agree, that is your right.

Plus, I didn't get what you mean by "batoon ki tu baat hi nahi..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhacho View Post
1. Secularism doesn't mean "a state without religion" but it means a state where every one has the liberty and freedom to live according to their own religion.as in India,The US,UK and other countries.You have seen the Muslim as the president of India and a sikh as PM and a black president in the US,which is not possible in Pakistan.Citizen should be treated on equality which is the teaching of islam.

2.we are facing identity crises.A country which get independence on the name of Islam and also urdu was considered a unifying force at that time.But Urdu has failed to become a unifying force and same is the case with Islam.If we have any unifying force for nationalism then it is "ant-Indiannes". But Indians have a nationalism of Indianness which has binded them as a nation.
"In 1947 there was a nation searching for a country and now there is a country searching for a nation"
right.
Secularism in France has banned the veil. Secularism in Britain has oppressed the black community to the extent that they nearly revolted against the government there most recently. And let us not talk about the secularism of U.S which continues to advance the brutal wars in our region and beyond. In India we've seen the Gujrat Massacre and the continued oppression of Kashmiris. Let us not write secularism any accolades. There are more states with secessionist movements in India than those without them.

Plus you take one teaching of Islam i.e. equality of human beings and reject the rest... is that fair?

I am glad you accept that Pakistan was made in the name of Islam and we are facing an identity crisis today. This statement alone points to a solution. Bring Islam back and you will have a nation. Because Islam alone can unite us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shahzaib Abbasi For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Thursday, September 08, 2011), ILYAS SAMI (Friday, September 23, 2011)