View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizwan Anwar View Post
yes you are right brother

In the whole history of Islam, Muslim states are not defeated by foreign enimies
but their internal revolts, wrong decision of their leaders, leaders indulge in anti-social activities and blah blah.

the most obvious reason is thier dream to stick to the government becoming dictators.

such a thing, you see, now a days, has happened in Libya.

Muammar Gaddafi was the dictator for a long time. this must not be the situation.

every leader must govern its period of 4 to 5 years and then must hand over the government to some one other by a legal process according to the peoples choice.
Does Quran or Sunnah tell you that a leader can only rule for 4 or 5 years (I am not advocating Gaddafi's rule)?

Electing the state head, representatives etc is permitted, encouraged and to an extent obligatory in Islam. Islam requires that caliph be approved of by the ummah and that ummah has the right to revoke its allegiance in case the caliph breaks Islamic law. There is this shura or majlis, or you can say an assembly composed of elected representatitves which consult and advise the caliph. However, these are paraellel branches. The caliph is elected by people on one hand, and the majlis representatives elected by their constituents on the other. In other words, its not a parliamentary system. The job of caliph and his representatives is to follow and implement Islam and ensure the well being of ummag. Matters if farz or obligation are a given, things such as healthcare, education etc, he government must commit for all people whether Muslims or non-Muslims.

The Majlis has no political powers, it cant block the gov's policies (except when they are against Shariah). But yes, it can demand accountability in terms of transparency, public explanation etc. At the same time, the caliph and government are expected to rely on expert advice when it comes to policies relating to economy, defence, industry etc. Mujlsi can demand the gov prove this with every one of its policies.

What I am saying is that Islamic system is a totally different system than democracy. It permits political parties, open discussions, an assembly of elected representatives and even an elected state leader, but at the same time the powers of each branch are difefrent than how democracy organizes these powers.

By the way, to begin with, if Constitution of Pakistan is implemented in letter and spirit, it will get us rid of 99 percent of political clowns.

Last edited by Rixwan; Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Merged