View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shahzaib Abbasi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureapak View Post
1.State should not stay bound with its traditional ties and conservative ideas while the world keeps developing on a rapid pace.

2.If misunderstood version of religion puts it on a risky track and it runs out of its survival, it should adopt new vistas and should not let certain risky doctrines, on the name of religion , interfere in its business.

3. There should not be inequality with its citizen on the basis of the difference over language,traditions,religion , caste, creed or color. All citizens constituting the state should be treated as one unit and should ,therefore, be given equal status in all respects. No one should enjoy extra perks and privileges based on these distinctions in the state.

etc ... etc.....

If this is a criterion for becoming a secular state....

YES THE STATE SHOULD BE SECULAR.........
1. Islam is not about traditional ties or conservative ideas or is stagnant to a changing world. Islam is adaptive to change. The Islamic jurisprudence principles of Ijma, Ijtihad and Qiyas are some of the basic means of that ongoing evolution that keeps Islam at pace with the changing world.

2. I can not stress it enough that Islam is not a religion. In Islam there are religions (The direct translation of Mada'hib i.e. Hanafi, Shafai, Atna Athari etc). Islam can only be understood by the word deen. To call it a mere religion is to not understand Islam at all. Since Islam is a "way of life" it guide every sphere of it, including government. The argument that one should not take a risky course is a relative argument. Besides, for a Muslim it would be hypocritical to avoid taking risks for the right cause in this world and entail punishment in the hereafter.

3. Islam does provide equal citizenship to all its inhabitants but that is subject to their ability to discharge their duties to a state. For instance, a non-muslim can not fight for Islam and hence is not included in the standing army. I'd like to present a simile to further punctuate my point:

In the U.S, you can not serve the government or claim equal rights as their citizen if you do not believe their constitution and the laws that they U.S enacts through its political system. Similarly, since an Islamic state is a state of "faith", if you do not adhere to the state "faith" you can not claim its citizenship, at least not equally to those who do adhere.

It also needs to be realized that in Islam, all citizens, irrespective of their faith, are treated equally before law. So there are, technically, no perks and privileges as americans enjoy over illegal-immigrants in america.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shahzaib Abbasi For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Wednesday, September 28, 2011), Fatima47 (Wednesday, September 14, 2011)