Thread: CSS vs MBBS
View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 15, 2011

Asna Safdar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adnan rana View Post
I completed my mbbs just to be on the safe side.....brother hamza has explained my point in detail i hope that will satisfy your query.
To,
My Respected Doctor-turned-Civil Servant Elders
Am I right in assuming that you spent 5 years studying medical just to make yourself secure? To keep another path open if one got blocked? Is CSS such a game of luck that a candidate with the abilities of a topper and capacity of extreme hard work finds himself failed in the exam? How can you be insecure if you possess all the required abilities?
Yes, I get your point. There's no guarantee of getting allocated even if you clear the exam. Right. Yet consider my case, Sir. I regard css as my ultimate goal. This is the field I would like to be in, in my future life. This is the job I think that would bring the best out of me and enable me to benefit people more and make myself content. And I want to start working for my ambition and achieve it as early as possible. I must also add that every individual has a different degree of ability. A policy applicable on one might not be applied on another.
I have no wish to persue medical studies nor the intention to adopt it as a profession. Yet I SHOULD study medical and obtain an mbbs degree to put my career, as you say, on the safe side and TRY css later. Precious advice it sure is, Sir but the question is:
JUST TO MAKE MY FUTURE SECURE, should I spend 5 years studying something I have no interest in and that which I know will be of no use to me in the career i have chosen for myself. Should I simply take and waste the seat of a student, who, had he been in my place, would have made a great doctor in the future to the benefit of his country. Would it not be selfishness on my part to waste a precious medical seat just to secure my own future?
I am ready to be selfish if there is 100% truth in the statement that css is where both the lowest and the highest intellect and hard work have the same chances to success and failure. Do tell me worthy people, is this css such a great game of total UNCERTAINTY that even a potential topper and hard woker cannot expect success and has to keep a backup plan as is mbbs in this case?
Hoping for patient answers and all apologies for any offence commited unintentionally
The Following User Says Thank You to Asna Safdar For This Useful Post:
dr250 (Sunday, September 25, 2011)