View Single Post
Old Monday, September 19, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12143

game awan will become famous soon enoughgame awan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawal Khan View Post
But then how am I supposed to know that which format I have to follow. From how far I have seen the past papers, the question doesn't mention anything. Although paper 2011 was way different than previous papers but like all other papers it didn't mention the particular format in the final accounts question. Even if I prepare various formats, the question would just require the preparation of a b.s, p&l or st of changes in equity. format won't be specified.confused.
you are suppposed to follow the requirement of the question........irelevant of the fact that its a css paper or any other level the requirements of the question determine the way u format you accounts or balance sheet

profit and loss a/c is the classic t a/c presentation of profit and losses for the year
while income statement provides the same info in a vertical format in a summary form

both profit and loss a/c nd balance sheet though are still in practice at teaching levels .......at professional stages these are considered obsolete
balance sheet is now known as statement of financial position
and profit nd loss a/c is statement of financial performance (another name may be statement of comprehensive income )
(all this may sound quite much after looking at past papers up to 2010 but after 2011 one should have a basic knowledge of all formats and current practices )
The Following User Says Thank You to game awan For This Useful Post:
The Viper (Sunday, September 25, 2011)