View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 22, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Umar, Chief of the Believers, A Lesson In Anger

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas (raa): Uyaina bin Hisn bin Hudhaifa bin Badr came and stayed (at Medina) with his nephew Al-Hurr bin Qais bin Hisn (raa) who has one of those whom ‘Umar (raa) used to keep near him, as the Qurra’ (learned men knowing Quran by heart) were the people of Umar’s (raa) meetings and his advisors whether they were old or young.

‘Uyaina said to his nephew, “O my nephew! Have you an approach to this chief so as to get for me the permission to see him?”

His nephew said, “I will get the permission for you to see him.” (Ibn ‘Abbas (raa) added: ) So he took the permission for ‘Uyaina, and when the latter entered, he said, “O the son of Al-Khattab! By Allah, you neither give us sufficient provision nor judge among us with justice.”

On that ‘Umar (raa) became so furious that he intended to harm him.

Al-Hurr (raa), said, “O Chief of the Believers!” Allah said to His Apostle (saws)…

Al A’râf – Surah 7. The Heights

[7:199] “Hold to forgiveness, command what is good (right), and leave the foolish (i.e. do not punish them).”

“…and this person is among the foolish.”

By Allah, ‘Umar (raa) did not overlook that Verse when Al-Hurr (raa) recited it before him, and ‘Umar said to observe (the orders of) Allah’s Book strictly.” (See Hadith No. 166, Vol. 6)

Holding Fast to the Qur’an and Sunnah – Sahih Bukhari: Volume 9, Book 92, Number 389