View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fatima47 has a spectacular aura aboutFatima47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeraz S View Post
Just to straighten your facts, Ridda/Apostasy war was declared against those who refused to take allegiance to Abu Bakar. In my view, if God made him first caliph then refusal could tantamount to apostasy; however, he himself declared first caliph, how come refuse to accept his personal despotic choice makes one "apostate"?? And as far as your point about rejection of Zakat, then against straighten your fact, how come those Muslims who refused to take oath of allegiance to Abu Bakar would pay Zakat to his authority?? Mind you, they didn't refuse Zakat itself; instead they didn't want to pay Zakat to that authority to which they were not obliged to...
You were actually distorting facts here.

The Ridda wars were declared against false Prophets (I am sure you know about letter of Musleima to Prophet (P.B.U.H) in his life and how he knew about Tulaiha (also named as Talha by few historians) but he (P.B.U.H) ignored him) as well as people who had refused to pay zakat (Abs and Dhobian offered to remain Muslims if the tax were abolished). Though a few historians(like Hitti) believe that owing to lack of means of communication, it was only the chieftains who used to come to Medina and pay homage. So it was not always the people who had actually embraced Islam, but their chieftains. So no matter whether you agree to zakat part, one thing is certain one cannot deny the fact that the wars were declared against false Prophets.
Shahzaib Abbasi (Tuesday, September 27, 2011)