View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 06, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
Dear Sir.
Kindly let me know whether or not this is the right pattern of preparing bullet sort of notes.

3. FOUNDATION OF REPUBLIC OF MEDINA ( Sep. 622 A.D )

:- According to P. K. Hitti, " The Hijrah with which the Makkan period ended and the Medinese period began, proved a turning point in the life of Muhammad ( P.B.U.H )"

:- Yathrib Position Before Islam

:- Jews --- Agriculturists, artisens, craftsmen
:- Ansar --- Aus and Khazraj --- battled in 616 --- Bu'th
:- Abdullah bin Obay --- Khazraj --- The Hypocrite

:- Post Hijrat Scenario

:- 4 groups
i. Ansaar
ii. Jews
iii. Muhajireen
iv. The hypocrites

:- Important Steps

:- Construction of Mosque
:- Beginning of Hijrah
:- Beginning of Azan
:- Brotherhood among Muhajireen and Ansaar

:- Significance of Hijrah
:- William Muir said, " It reveals the man in his real greatness, not only og his age but of all ages."

THE CHARTER OF MEDINA ( 622 A.D )

:- 730 words
:- 63 articles
:- Two religions --- Muslims and Jews

:- POLITICAL CLAUSES

1. Muslims and Jews -- one Political Ummah
2. Yathrib -- a sanctuary by all its citizens -- Muslims and Jews
3. Sovereignty of Allah and the Presidency of Prophet
4. War and peace -- in common
5. Foghting in the way of Allah -- no believer to make peace with the enemy
6. Unity of Muslims and Jews against common enemy of Medina
7. Violater of this pact -- jointly resisted by the Muslims and the Jews
8. No refuge to the life and property of the Quresh

:- CIVIL CLAUSES

1. Whosoever causes bloodshed shall be held responsible and his tribe with him otherwise it will be considered an act of tyranny
2. Whosoever kills a believer, will be retaliated unless the guardian of the assasinated person agrees to accept blood-money
3. The pious believers will rise against anyone who rebels or does any offence or tyranny

:- RELIGIOUS CLAUSES

1. Freedom to profess the religion
2. Jews in a political alliance with the Muslims -- one nation

:- EFECTS

:- Political unity
:- Peace state
:- Equality of rights and duties to all Muslims
:- Rule of law
:- Religious freedom and tolerance
:- Spread of Islam

:- William Muir said, " The charter proves that Muhammad ( P.B.U.H )was not only a religious preacher but also one of the greatest statesmen the world ha ever produces."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
Dear Sir, I am still awaiting your expert opinion regarding my post above.
Dear Concerned,

The pattern as I see it here has no problem within, however, you would surely like to add more points under each heading and subheading since history is such a subject which requires piles of tiny details at every step. For example, you could add few points under the main heading; i) Old Name ii) Geography iii) Climate iv) Social System, etc.

Apart from the pattern, I would recommend you to quote Philip K. Hitti, Tariq Ali and other writers instead of William Muir since Muir was termed a blasphemist and countered by Sir Syed Ahmed in good old days.

Good Luck with your notes making I appreciate the effort.

Regards,
Adeel Afzal (Sunday, October 26, 2014), Ainuddin Kibzai (Monday, October 10, 2011)