View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 06, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

Islam being a divine religion is undoubtedly panacea for all the woes and worries afflicting the entire humanity. But this system demands , among other things, sincerity of those whom the authority is vested in. While discussing such sensitive topic , one should be broad enough to view the facts in broader spectrum and emotion not serve as stumbling block to proceed the discussion.The logic based upon facts should dictate the conclusion.

To substantiate my premise lets turn back the pages of history. Khilaft-e-Rashda is unopposedly believed to be the System based on Islamic Principals. Afterwards , the Islamic rulers were , by all menas, nothing short of monarchs of medieval age. Now during Khilaft of Hazrat Ali , there were two wars amongst muslims that claimed hundreds of innocent Muslim Lives.These wars were fought between Once Hazrat ali and Bibi Aisha and then Between Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Moavia. Was it fault of Islaimic System? Obviously not! What i want to prove is that system perfection is not assured by the system per se rather people who constitute the system determines its fate.So ther human fault may lend an ideal islamic system to maneuvered and misused.

Then one of the most significant incidence took place in 61 Hijrah when Hazrat Imam Hussain along with his companions Was martyred by the sitting caliph, Yazid. At his time , many of the companions of Holy Prophits ,Sihaba Kiram, were alive. Yazid is said to be one of the worst person but did any one raised the standard of revolt against him , other than Imam Huassain? So again human error not the Islam is at fault.

If we look at the indian Muslim Rulers, Say Mehmood Ghaznawi, he professed the religion of islam. he was belived to be a staunch Muslim observing all the "Ibadat" and rituals regualaraly. we idealize him. But why he came to India? Just to plunder its wealth and killed thousands of Human beings including Muslims (In my view life of a non -mulim is as much precious and sacrosant as that of a Muslim). However , following Mehmood all Indian Muslim Rulers barring few exceptions vowed to base their governance system on Islamic Lines.

What i want to say that mere branding the System or state to be Islaimc lend it self to hypocracy as it has been done in Pakistan.

What are the basic features of An Islamic State? To my understanding it should be

1- People of High Moral Values strictly abiding by Shariah should be the rulers
2- Laws entirely based on Shairiah( Not as is the case with our current System entirely based upon western Legal System)
3- Socio-Economic System based upon Islaimic Injuctions
4- Foreign Policy entirely dictated by Islamic Values

Is it possible in society tainted by corruption, moral depravity , emburdened with debts and heavily dependent upon other nations for its survival? Obviously Not

So mere branding the state as Isalmic, making some of legislation on the name of Islaim and preventing Minorities to hold the Position of President or PM serve nothing but fan extremism- that we are facing today.

We are part of global community. state tilt towards religion of majority is something very obvious and practiced accross the globe as holiday on religious festivals,etc. But to greater extent state dont discriminate on the basis of religion aomgst citizenry. This is what we call Secularism.

Will branding the state as secular will take us away from Islam? Even it will not prevent us to enshrine golden Principal of Islam in our constitutional and legislative framework.

Does the restrictions we have put on minorities or naming the state as Islaimc Republic serves Islam bring us closer to Islam? No it is not. How many of those who want to see Pakistan as Islamic state will be ready to attain nationality of some western country even if they are required to relinquish the nationality of Pakistan? I can bet that more than 99 percent would be ready.

I believe that at least in current circumstances, the many of the Islaimc provions in our legal framework have nothing to do with Islam and there should be done away with. Declaring the State as secular will cause no harm to Islam and Islamic values and will not put the society away from Islam. Rather, it will be a welcomed by the global community and serve to eradicate extremism from our society.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
chfarooq (Thursday, October 06, 2011), SADIA SHAFIQ (Thursday, October 06, 2011)