View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 09, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Syeddina Ali sher khuda (ra) clearly said in Nahjul Balagha:

“In the beginning of our matter, the people of Syria [Muawiyyah’s forces] and us met. It is obvious that our God is one, our Prophet is one, and our call in Islam is one. We do not see ourselves more in faith in Allah or more in believing His messenger than them, nor they do. Our matter is one, except for our disagreement in Uthman’s blood, and we are innocent from his murder.”

[Nahjul Balagha, vol.3, p.648]

Muslim narrated in his Saheeh from Ibn Abbas that Abu Sufyan asked the Prophet peace be upon him for three things: (He (Abu Sufyan) said to the prophet:

“O’ Prophet of Allah, give me three things.” The prophet said: “yes.” ... Abu Sufyan said: “Mu’awiyah, make him a writer (of the revelation) under your hands.” The prophet answered: “Alright.”)

[Muslim with explanation. Book of “Virtues of the Companions,” Chapter of “Virtues of Abu Sufyan,” vol.17, p.2501]

Ahmad narrated in his Musnad, and Muslim from Ibn Abbas who says:

(Once I was a kid playing with other boys when I looked behind and I saw the prophet peace be upon him coming towards us. So I said: “The prophet did not come to anyone but to me.” So I went behind the door to hide. I did not feel until the prophet found me, grasped my neck, and pressed my shoulders gently. The prophet said: “Go and call Mu’awiyah for me.” And Mu’awiyah was his writer (of the revelation). So I went looking for Mu’awiyah and told him: “Go and answer the prophet of Allah peace be upon him because he needs you.”)

[Musnad Ahmed, vol.1, Musnad Ibn Abbas #2651, and Muslim with explanation, Book of “Al-Birr wa Al-Silah,” #2604]

These two hadeeths prove that Mu’awiyah was one of the writers of the revelation.