View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Abu Salih narrated that

Once Dirar bin Damrah Al-Kinani(ra) visited Hazrat Ameer Muawiyah(ra) who asked him to narrate the good qualities of Syeddina Ali (ra). Dirar requested of Hadrat Muawiyah, O Amir of the believers! Please excuse me from this!. Hadrat Muأ˘awiyah said, I will not excuse you unless you narrate the good qualities of Ali. Dirar said, If I am compelled to do so then listen!

By Allah! He was a man of great courage and strength. He used to talk decisively and govern justly. The knowledge flowed out of him copiously and the wisdom appeared upon his front teeth (he always talked wisely). He was averse to the worldly ends and renounced them, but loved the night and its darkness (loved to worship in the darkness of the night). I swear by Allah, he used to take admonition for the matters concerning the Hereafter very much, to contemplate the wonders of Allah's creation for a long time, to turn his hand in surprise, and to address his own soul for admonition. He loved plain dress and simple food. I swear by Allah he treated himself like an ordinary person. When we visited him he drew us closer and when we put to him any question he replied to us. In spite of all this closeness with him, we did not dare to talk with him due to his natural dignity and awe. When he smiled, his teeth appeared like strung pearls. He esteemed the religious people and loved the poor. No one-however powerful he may be-would be successful to prove his false claim as the right one before him, and no one-however weak he may be- would lose hope to get justice from him. I declare Allah as my witness to the fact that I have seen him on certain occasions-in the darkness of the night when the stars were to disappear from the sky-sitting in the arch of the mosque holding his beard in his hand, in a restless condition- a condition similar to the person who has been bitten by a poisonous reptile, and weeping like a grieved man. His voice is still alive to me O our Lord, O our Lord then he supplicated to Him, and afterwards said O world! Do you want to deceive me after being decorated? Get out from here and deceive some other person. I sever all of my relations from you for ever. Your age is short and your company is abject, and to be overtaken by misery here in this world is easier than in the Hereafter. Ah! The Provision is short and the journey is long and the way is dangerous

Hearing this Hadrat Muawiya (may God be pleased with him) wept so much that his beard was wet with tears. When the tears overflowed he cleaned them with the sleeve of his shirt. The people around him also wept bitterly until they were suffocated.

Then Hadrat Muawiyah remarked No doubt,

Abul Hassan (Ali) was such a man.

Then he asked Dirar How do you feel after Ali's death?

Dirar said

I feel like a woman whose only child has been killed in her lap. She cannot be consoled. Then he stood up and went out.