View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Mr. Memon, I agree with you 100%, yet the point I was trying to get across with the example of defend expenditure or any other expenditure is this that the city like Karachi with 15 million people have the fire and rescue system close to none, and the communications among the first responders is alike. Given that the damage from the natural disaster cannot be averted, but do u think that our cities are even equipped to respond to the incidents like big fire and such on a local level. When I say respond, I mean it in a effective manner where any big loss can be averted without adding it to the tragedy that has occured.

Like the aftermath of earthquake, where the rellief is been donated to the charity organizations and government as such, but has not reached the victims yet, even if it did in a very unorganized manner.

Again, I don't mean to criticize for the sake of criticism, and certainly don't mean to compare us from US and such, because in the ideal world we should be better, and set precedents for other to follow rather than being the follower.

Thanks.