View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 16, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

during the Khutbah of Salaatul Juma, H. Umar (RA) stood up on the mimber and said,
“ IS MA OO WA ATI OO! O people listen to what I have to say and obey me!

H. Salman Farsi (RA) a very notable Sahaba stood up and decided to challenge H. Umar (RA) saying,
“LA NASMAOO WA LAA NU TEOO! We will not listen and not obey.
Why asked H. Umar (RA).

H. Salman (RA) replied,
“You are a tall person and your JALAABA is made up of 2 sheets or TARAF QUMAASH. However, the quota of sheet that was distributed from the Bait ul maal, upon your own decree was 1 Chader each! So until you account for the extra sheet which you are wearing in the form of JALAABA, we will neither listen or obey you.

H. Umar (RA) announced that his son H. Abdullah Ibn Umar (RA) be brought forward. H. Umar (RA) said inform the people where I got this extra sheet from.

H. Abdullah (RA) duly came forward and testified before the whole Majlis that

“I was given 1 chader from the Bait ul Maal which I gave to my father as my father is quite tall and could not make a shirt from 1 chader