View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 22, 2011
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PCS - 2008 / TehsildarMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CSS-2008, Roll no. 5170, CSS-2012 Roll no. 11105

Thanked 1,758 Times in 791 Posts
Islaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud ofIslaw Khan has much to be proud of

Fate
تقدير

Destiny is a saddled ass, he goes wherever you lead him
نصيب يو کنه کړې خر دې؛ چې چېرته ئې بيائې هلته به ځي
This dictum is a contrast to those following it. He must have been a bold man who first asserted it.
Though you go to Kabul, your appointed lot will follow you there.
که ته لاړ شې تر کابله برخه به ځي در پسې خپله
Man's lot is (fixed) from the creation, it is not (attained) by force of competition
برخې ازلي دي؛ نه په زور او نه په سيالې دي
Had your pen been in my hand, I would have marked you "fortunate"
که ستا قلم ځما په لاس وې، ما به ستا ليک په نيکبختي وهلې ؤو
That is, I would have done so, had I at your birth had the filling in of your destiny in the Book of Fate
Without destiny, food is difficult
بې نصيبه خواړه ګران دي
The inevitable laughs at man's schemes
تقدير په تدبير پورې خاندي
The same as our "Man proposes, God disposes"
The goat was fleeing from the wolf, and spent the night in the butcher's house
ؤزه له ليوه تښتېده او د قصاب کره ئې شپه شوه
That is, he went "out of the frying pan into the fire" in trying to escape his fate
I was escaping from Ram, and fell on hard work
له رام رام نه تښتېدم او په کام ؤاوښتم
The story goes, that a Muslim king ordered a Hindu to repeat "Ram Ram" daily when attending his person, but the Hindu, thinking this is tyranny, absconded, and was captured and sold as a slave. The meaning is the same as the last proverb.
Were the whole world to turn physician, the cure rests entirely with fate.
که ټول جهان طبيب شي، چارې واړه په نصيب شي
There is no fleeing from one's lot, there is no sharing it with another
له خپلې برخې تيښت نه شته، او له پردې برخې ويش نه شته
If the night is to be spent at home, it won't be in the grave, and if in the grave, it won't be at home
شپه چې په کور وي، په قبر به نه شي؛ او چې په قبر وي، په کور به نه شي
Let not the horseman say, "I shall not become a footman" nor the footman, "I shall not become a horseman."
سپور دې داسې نه وائي چې پلې به نه شم؛ او پلې دې داسې نه وائي چې سپور به نه شم
That is, let no man predict his own betterment or debasement, for there is no saying what fate has in store for him.
What God does will take place, nevertheless tie your camel's knee tight
چې خدائې کوي، هغه به وشي؛ خو د اوښ ګونډه ټينګه وتړه
So that the camel may not wander or be stolen. Though God disposes all things, man must use his best endeavours to effect what he wants. The proverb is adapted from the Persian, and is a very familiar one amongst all. We say, "God helps them who help themselves."
If retching come on you by destiny, close your teeth on it (i.e., accept it)
که په نصيب کښۍ درغلې، غاښ پرې ټينګ کړه
Meaning, be content whatever happens to you.
lawyer444 (Monday, October 24, 2011), The Manager (Wednesday, October 26, 2011)