View Single Post
Old Monday, October 31, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom
slam to all. Whatever I am going to say is based on my experience with Arabic in my maiden attempt of 2010 and then with my second attept, whose result is expected in coming weeks. I secured 136 in Arabic in 2010 and now am waiting for my result anxiously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNIS MARRI View Post
I will encourage u for geography coz its easier then arbc. Arbc is scoring but diffclt and time consuming. If u hv proper guidence thn dfntly opt arbic.
Dear Brother you have described rightly about geography. However your estimate of the Arabic is not sound. Brother ! It is true that for it a a background of Arabic is needed. However it is wrong speculation that Arabic is more time taking subject. Rather it is a subject which can be prepared in relatively les time. Neither it is that much tough. The problem about it is mainly the non availability of the martial as no book is available in market. We
have to rely solely on notes prepared by Sir Hafiz Arshad. They do not cover the whole syllabus described by FPSC. However as the paper pattern is being followed over the year , these notes have been made keeping in view it's requirement. So they fulfill much of the need of the paper. 2009's paper was almost fully from those notes. Almost similar was the situation of the paper of 2010. However, situation was a bit hard rather much hard in 2011. However Ahmad Hassan Zayat's book of Taareekh e Arbi Adb also proves instrumental in preparing the subject in a more better way.
Therefore one is not at loss at this subject. One with somewhat tough paper even touches the line of 120 which is considered a good subject for any elective subject. While if paper comes on the pattern of 2009 & 2010 , one can score much higher.

As well as geography is concerned , I am in complete agreement with you. A scoring , stable and interesting subject. Specially in 2009 it
gave high sores and it is being anticipated that it would give more scores in 2011 as paper was very nice.

So my analysis is both are scoring. Yes geography is more stable subject and it helps in other subjects also. Arabic also is much scoring though not always.

However, All depends on ones preparation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilalForward View Post
dear younis marri i want to opt both geography and Arabic though i have no background of geography but it sounds interesting to me and as for as Arabic is concerned i have good Arabic grammar knowledge and i can easily memories and write Arabic.......what do you suggest for me in these subjects.thanks

brother Arabic , you must must opt. As well as geography is concerned , I have seen many friend having no know how or background of the said subject scoring great marks with proper preparation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplileaks View Post
Arabic is easy so do opt for
it

Brother yes can be said easy. But it is CSS , don't forget. And if paper is like that of 2011 one gets baffled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musmanmanzoor View Post
AOA
I also want to opt Arabic and Geography.
Brother ! I think much has been said about it. Arabic is a bit risky, otherwise it not takes much time. Atleast my experience of two attempts suggests so.
Best of Luck to All.
Best Wishes.
Regards.
Muhammad iqbal Serwar (Monday, October 31, 2011), zahid hussian (Saturday, October 13, 2012)