View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 01, 2011

DEVOLUTION GEEK will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marycop View Post
election means elected on the basis of merit.he is against politicising of police
Don’t juggle words dear. He said “elections” in the most lucid terms. It means SHOs will now be a part of Local Government System as they will now be elected (not selection) from the masses (read political parties). Secondly, elections only mean choosing the people on the basis of votes. It has nothing to do with merit or competency to which you are now alluding it to. It is the will of the masses in ideal terms and nothing else.
On the other hand, selection can be based on merit, not on the voting system

Quote:
i guess that you dont have an experience of the immense powers of patwari.
http://www.youtube.com/v/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZq5mZFeIEw
computerized systems are always hard to penetrate though not impossible akin to nadra system.
I know Patwaris much more than any sarcastic show. Patwaris have no mammoth powers and the people are only offended from them due to corruption and still, corruption is not due to patwaris but due to our political system. Patwaris are no more than handymen of Revenue Department. Also, Patwaris can’t be removed completely as officials are required to jot down the details of Land Revenue. The best thing that Imran can do is to appoint Patwaris on merit and to give them autonomy and sufficient pays. Patwaris are poorly fed and paid so corruption in Revenue becomes a norm rather than a luxury, unfortunately.

Quote:
save it for others.
[/QUOTE]

I have several points saved for the newbies like you.

Last edited by DEVOLUTION GEEK; Tuesday, November 01, 2011 at 12:42 AM.