View Single Post
Old Friday, March 11, 2005
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Indo Pak History

HI,

I think i owe my score to Lane Poole and K.B.Syed .Every body discouraged me for opting indian history.But I was left with Hobson's choice of either going for it or going for an extra effort and agony in any other subject.

The only consideration which i had while opting for indian history was that it would save my time for pak affairs.And alhamdolillah it did.There was nothing special which i had done while attempting these papers.Simply tried to follow the style of prominent historians withot bias.I had read Sarkar's book as well to see the hindu point of view viz-z-viz subcontinent.

But if u read Lane poole's history u would be amazed that his single sentence elaborates what the other historians try to narrate in the whole para.

Imagine while depicting Hamayun's character and death he says'HE TUMBLED THROUGH LIFE AND TUMBLED OUT OF IT..........HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE SADDLE WHEN HE WAS ON THE CRADLE,HE FORGAVE WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE PUNISHED...........HIS NAME MEANS FORTUNATE ,NEVER HAS BEEN AN EMPEROR SO MISCALLED'(BEAUTIFUL)

Similarly K.B.Syed had his own creative style.The terms which he uses for various indian leaders beyond doubt bear elusive testimony to his imagination and creativity.For Jinnah he uses the term THE COLD BLOODED LOGICIAN............then goes on to say ;JINNAH WHO BECAME THE QUAID-E-AZAM AFTER THE LAHORE RESOLUTION..........Calls Iqbal A RELUCTANT POLITICIAN............A VISIONARY WHOSE YEARNINGS OF PAN ISLAMISM HAD A PROFOUND IMPACT ON PAKISTAN'S FOREIGN POLICY........See the choice of words.

I think what ghalib and iqbal have done for urdu,these two have done for otherwise beleaguered history of india.As far as Muslim point of view is concerned S.M.Ikram's book is comprehensive.But of course it is for obvious reasons not devoid of bias.

The most important thing for indian history is its mcqz.For this i prepared engr.somroo's booklet(hopefully the name is correct)I don't have any material with me right now ,thats why i'm not sure about the name.However one thing is pretty sure that the booklet was compiled by an engineer.Hopefully information would be helpful.
Bilal (thanx Bilal)
The Following User Says Thank You to Argus For This Useful Post:
Aarwaa (Tuesday, July 22, 2008)