View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 15, 2005

Whispering Death is on a distinguished road

this whole 'Allah is punishing us' or ‘Allah is punishing them’ school of thought appears to be grounded more in ignorance than common sense… it seems rather arrogant to presume that you know why Allah creates such disasters.. similarly those who say that Allah is NOT punishing the victims are also in the same boat… how do we know if Allah is or is not punishing those who live in Islamabad or Kashmir or texas ?

@ BusharraF: just out of curiosity, what did this scholar say after hurrican Katrina and Rita?

im not saying wid surety that this isnt Allah's wrath but i object to those who say they KNOW it is.. sure these events ARE Signs from Allah swt, no doubt about that..but its not necessarily a punishment.. couldnt it be a warning or a trial? or a test to see how humane we r? or maybe jus a reminder that Death is always near?

m sorry.. i shudnt ve posted this controversial post in the first place.. especially at this time.. when we shud be offering care rather than judging.. but ppl went as far as saying it happened cuz "Pakistan started ramadhan a day later than the rest of the world"… well it jus made me mad!

ok .. no more discussion.

it did come from Allah swt and he did ve a purpose… lets leave it at that