View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 26, 2011
40th CTP (FSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 101

Thanked 1,691 Times in 640 Posts
Roshan wadhwani is a glorious beacon of lightRoshan wadhwani is a glorious beacon of lightRoshan wadhwani is a glorious beacon of lightRoshan wadhwani is a glorious beacon of lightRoshan wadhwani is a glorious beacon of light

Ecosystem:

Definition:
A natural of habitat or system where living organisms and physical components of their environment interact with one another and exchange materials so as to achieve a functional stability is called an ecosystem.

Characteristics Of Ecosystem:
• An ecosystem is a basic unit of ecology of living organisms.
• An ecosystem may be natural like a pond, lake, stream, river, ocean or a forest.
• It may also be artificial like an Aquarian, an artificial pond or an agricultural field.
• A pond is an excellent example of a small ecosystem to demonstrate interrelationship between abiotic and biotic component of the ecosystem.

Components Of Ecosystem:

i) Abiotic Components Of Ecosystem.
Following are the abiotic components of ecosystem.
a. Light
b. Temperature
c. Water
d. Atmosphere and wind
e. Fire
f. Soil
g. Topography
h. Gravity
i. Inorganic nutrients

ii) Biotic Factors.
Following are the biotic components of ecosystem.
a. Producers: Green Plants
b. Consumers: Animals and Man
c. Decomposers and reducers: Bacteria, fungi

Types Of Ecosystem:
There are two main types of ecosystem:
i) Terrestrial Ecosystem: it includes Forest and Desert Ecosystem
ii) Aquatic Ecosystem: it includes small pool, a pond, stream, river, lake and an oceanic ecosystem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roshan wadhwani For This Useful Post:
imtiazbotanist (Thursday, August 08, 2013), madiha alvi (Sunday, September 08, 2013), roijen (Friday, December 30, 2011), SAMEYA AROOJ (Wednesday, November 05, 2014)