View Single Post
Old Monday, November 28, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

nadem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif_ijaz78 View Post
Dear Brother do share your experience. Do u regret ur decision to join PSP ?? if yes , why
Dear it is not that i have any regrets but the point is, I was not a natural PSP, here I have seen people speak too high about PSP, well no doubt it is a great group, there are a lot of benefits but remember, it is the only the ASP designation where you get your posting without sifarish, the higher you go the more difficult it is to get a reasonable posting in PSP. There is too much stress on you regarding the things which are beyond your control. For example in a city of Punjab a girl was kidnapped a year ago; the SP (Investigation) of that district is facing too much pressure from the court that "produce that girl within next 48 hours or give us in written that you were incompetent for Police" What is this? It is not all i can quote thousands of examples to support my this argument. Infact Mr Hashmi would be knowing that I myself became a victim of one of such incidents. Look gunmen, salutes do atrract but after 5 years of service one gets fed up of all this...one needs peace of mind, one wants to spend some time with his family, one wants to do something what he likes or dislikes to do, One wants to go on deputations on postings where one can have alot of "halal" salary. One more thing nature of job from ASP to IG remains almost the same, no increase in importance of agenda. One never gets an opportunity to enhance his market value based education. PSP would go on scholarships in LLM (Crime) and Criminology; whereas DMG officer would go for MS Economics, MPA, MS in Public Policy, MS in Public Finance that too from Harvard, Stanford, Berkely,MIT and NUS...you name it DMG gets scholarship for that....There comes time during service when decides to quit everything and get settled with his family somewhere abroad....what a PSP would do? will he be given a job of a security manager or what??? what about a DMG officer? I know people around me who were DMG officers and almost all of them are well placed....why you guys are thinking so limitedly? World doesnt end with uniform,salutes,blue light etc....what about personality development? Market value enhancement? Career growth? Horizantal movement? If you guys do not know, let me tell you that in 31st CTP the then topper was allocated to PSP, during his CTP he mutually swapped his group and he switched to DMG, nw this particular officer has been Commercial Secretary in Canada for the last 3 years and the guy with whom he swaped his group is SP posted in Faisalabad. I am talking about realities NOT emotional stuff....I would invite particular questions from your side, so that those could be answered by me accordingly
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
ahmed470 (Monday, November 28, 2011), asif_ijaz78 (Monday, November 28, 2011), Mr hashmi (Monday, November 28, 2011), prestigious (Thursday, December 08, 2011), Waseim (Wednesday, November 11, 2015)