View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Muhammadian is a jewel in the roughMuhammadian is a jewel in the roughMuhammadian is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad786Khan View Post
The essence of so called western democracy is based on the formula of one man one vote. This means that a person holding a doctorate in political science will have one vote while someone can't even write his name will also have same one vote, an ignorant's and a scholar's opinion have same worth, liar and the honest share the right of same one vote each, there is no distinction.
Islam emphasizes on justice and states that an ignorant and a learnt can never be same but the western democratic system gives no consideration to one's character, wisdom and credentials, only because all they are concerned about is making laws out of the will of the majority population i.e. government of the people for the people and by the people. However in an Islamic state laws are to be derived from the Holy Quran and the Sunnah and not by personal will. In our Islamic Republic of Pakistan in the presence of Objectives Resolution, which clearly states that no law can be made against Islamic injunctions, we strive for the unjust system of majority vote. The electoral system in Pakistan should be such where weightage is given to the voters based on their education, character, social and moral standing etc, and the election commission should facilitate such arrangements where the elections are done taking full advantage of the modern information technology. Such an advice may seem like a far cry in local scenario but this is not entirely impossible in this space age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aariz View Post
Khilafa has a majlis shoora (A highly educated and scholarly body ), which suggests and reports the elected khalifa about the matters of the state. The Khalifa is elected by general consensus of the people.
Very well said brother...so tell me in current scenario with this political setup and crippled democracy in country how do you expect to contribute ? people say Imran khan is the ray of hope ? well he may be 'a jewel in the rough' but how do you expect him to deliver in such system ?

What should be our role in all this ? Some small parties do talk about Khilafat in Pakistan like Dr. Isrsr Ahmed (late) did, and many people even agree, but still point being where to start ? In my opinion Imran Khan has the best vision right now and is the best choice but still there is that part of liberalism and he truly believes in democracy in its true form (the one right now in Pakistan)...and his vision flows through out his party...so what then ?

You are absolutely right about the proposal of giving more weightage of vote to literate persons...but i suppose it also says more (muttaqi and practicing Muslims get more weightage)...who decides on that in current system...i think it all needs to be changed and replaced...there is no alternative...what do you say guys ?
aariz (Thursday, December 01, 2011), Asgharstar (Wednesday, November 30, 2011)