Thread: Where is China?
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hamza Kahlon is on a distinguished road
Exclamation for waqar bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaidd View Post
The state machinery here has a habit of idealizing China's relationship with Pakistan as some sort of a Romeo and Juliet affair of international relations.

Of course, as students, we know that there's no such thing as a "friendship" in international relations. Instead, only interests are permanent and as of now, China uses Pakistan to gain access to the Arabian Sea and the Persian Gulf to expand its naval presence beyond the South China Sea. China also buys up our raw materials and then dumps billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods into Pakistani markets due to which out local manufacturers either suffer or become bankrupt in some cases.

The scale Chinese investment is, at the same time, very insignificant in Pakistan as compared to its investment in South America and Africa (for the extraction of iron ore, oil and other resources).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waqar Abro View Post
what ignited me was emphasis and tone of the China and Russia.

china on Monday urged NATO forces to respect for Pakistan's sovereignty, saying that attack on Pakistani troops was shocking.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said that China was deeply shocked by these events, and expresses strong concern for the victims and profound condolences to Pakistan.
"China believes that Pakistan's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity should be respected and the incident should be thoroughly investigated and be handled properly," he aid in a statement on the ministry's website.
US-led NATO choppers and aircrafts attacks two Pakistani posts near Afghan border on early Saturday which left two dozen soldiers martyred and 14 other injured.

here is the Russian Statement.

MOSCOW: Russia’s foreign minister, commenting on the Nato cross-border air attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, said on Monday that a nation’s sovereignty should always be upheld, even when hunting “terrorists”.
“The Russian Foreign Minister… emphasized the unacceptability of violating the sovereignty of states, including during the planning and carrying out of counter-terrorist operations,” the ministry said in a statement.

Now see the difference.
I think i gave ample reasons in my first post.In my opinion as to why russia even bothered to condemn and in such strong words, as compared to it being aloof for many decades of the happenings related to Pakistan.
Will appreciate ur view on that

God bless