View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wamik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah3431 View Post
I completely agree with Mr. Nasr Khan. My first attempt was in 2009 in which I passed all the subjects but failed in aggregate by 1 mark (599 marks). For 2011 I came back to Pakistan in the end of Nov and I still had assignments pending for my MSc, started my new job in Jan (with a head of department who deliberately wouldn’t let me study in free time). 4 days before the last date for submitting documents I was confused between choosing sociology and agriculture (later went with former).

I remember that I stated preparing for the exams 2 days before the essay paper and my father was enthusiastically giving me in depth information and statistics about the electricity crisis while I was sadly thinking I was going to let him down big time again this time as I had zero preparation . I hadn't even given a read to most of the optionals let alone finish them once.

But the papers were a breeze for me (thank god) and I didn’t feel lethargic (in fact I slept ALOT during the paper breaks). In 2009 i was at my wits end and halfway through the exam wanted to jump off the roof but 2011 went swiftly. So, once the papers ended I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to inshallah pass (and my intuition turned out to be true).

So I would like to second Mr. Nasr Khan’s opinion that CSS is about smart work and that a lot of it depends on luck. I don’t know what’s in store for me and whether I would qualify in the end or not but I am very happy with the fact that I passed the written portion and the encouragement and appreciation shown by my friends and family (especially my dad) on my result has really made me happy.
Heartiest congratulations brother

Your story is quite incredible, plz elaborate it a little more i mean write in details ur study routine and strategy,in a new thread