View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 01, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8106

ThePhoenix is on a distinguished road

This entire experience has been a dreamlike sequence for me.
I came to Pakistan in September of 2010 and since it was my first attempt for CSS, i had no idea on how to cope with it. I joined an academy which left a very bad taste in my mouth. CSS prep academies are just money leeching businesses - nothing more. So anyways, i bought a couple of books, notably among them were the Jahangir Times Top 20 questions for each subject. I prepared from them and did 10 years worth of objectives from the past papers. I did not prepare my essay or practice long questions.
For me, having good interpersonal skills, time management, general knowledge, great colloquial and analytical skills always worked wonders.
I wasn't expecting myself to pass but maybe being humble and dedicated helped me pass this year's written exams.

As some member mentioned above...."work smart" and you'll be fine. Most of my friends, who studied from a plethora of books and notes, failed this year.
amna rafiq (Thursday, December 01, 2011)