View Single Post
Old Friday, December 02, 2011

Hamza Kahlon is on a distinguished road
Angry An email writtin to Cyril Almeida

Dear members
This email ive written to Cyril Almeida, a Dawn Staffer on his article today in Dawn with the title "OUR TERMS, OUr VICTORY?"
As I have no internet access, I used my cellphone to write the email because of which i could not really elaborate on few things. Please refer to the article and comment here regarding the article or my email. Here goes:

Dear Cyril,
First of all I dont think you should be writing any analysis on the current relations of Pak-US as your knowledge is as comprehensive as that of any common citizen out there. Your article today was a complete waste of space in todays Dawn. It lacked depth. It had no analysis. How can you even analyse anything when your aloof of what actually goes inside an Army chain of command. You are merely churning out your own speculations which is based entirely on what the media is speculating and you know how credible that is, leave alone biased.

The Salala attacks were entirely deliberate. There is no action carried out from an armed force without proper planning and consent of the highest command, in this case Chief of Nato Martin Demsey hence his indifferent rebuttal that ' there is absolutely nothing to apologise about '. How could you overlook the most basic thing? Your article was best suited to be on a personal blog space of a person rather than a leading English daily.
FYI, the army has repeatedly asserted that the region they have been attacked in is militant free but you thought that an unknown Journal based abroad was more credible than the army on ground in that region.
I think you have completely failed to appreciate the gravity of the situation Pakistan is currently battling. Please write on things you have command on rather basing analysis on media speculations.

God bless.
umar riaz (Friday, January 06, 2012)