View Single Post
Old Friday, December 02, 2011

Hamza Kahlon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down @chemguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemguy View Post
And what proof do you have that this incident was deliberate? Why would they want to attack, if this attack is not in the interest of US. US is packing up in Afghanistan and before leaving it will settle matters with Afghanistan as well as Pakistan. And with this new incident, US now has to settle a deal with our upset army. Our army will get its way i.e. It is going to ask for aid!

Pakistan is acting like a baby! NATO is going to do an impartial investigation in this matter. Our media and politicians are throwing this issue around as if it were 100 % certain that it was an intentional attack. Attack on a sovereign state, attack on democracy etc. It could just have been an incident. Can't we wait for the investigation to come with answers.

NOW they are shutting down Shamsi airbase, as if 9620 civilians who died in drone attacks were worthless compared to the 24 army men who could just have died in an accident.

Read this : Report: Pakistan gave ‘go-ahead’ before NATO attack, says US – The Express Tribune

I don't want to disrespect the 24 Shuhda, I just want to question the dubious manner in which our country is handling this issue.
Some fait accompli are hereby mentioned for u:

1- the area attacked has been free of militants and both armed forces were aware of it.

2- the helicopters traveled more than 2kms inside Pak territory to attack the check post

3- the attack lasted around 2hours during which the helicopters disengaged from firing and later came back again to fire.

4- basic rules and functioning of armed forces of any type of any country, do not fly solo missions on their own. This is not Hollywood and Rambo. Complete info and briefing is given to soldiers aviation or air force even in the shortest time duration beforeee an attack is launched. Time and duration of attack is planned as well.

U ask my sources? Other than basic knowledge i live in a family with people in army and isi. So trust me my info is better than that of a local or international newspaper.

Now few questions for u to ponder on, based on those facts above:

1- take an example, 2 indian helicopters around rahim yar khan or sialkot or lahore, travel inside pak territory, fires at a established check post which has no less than 40 soldiers, keeps firing for 2hours and then goes back into its territory and says..umm...'' sorry bout that dude.wasnt intentional :/"
Hello seriously ? Does that even make sense to u?

2- when ur attacking something, army has the exact co-ordinates of the place so that the attack is quick and precise. If u use jets, like in this case nato did, u use jammers so that, hey, u dont alert a whole army that there is a jet flying and attacking a place in ur territory. hence 'the communications broke down'.

2- use ur head on this one..they say they thought it was taliban.do u really think, that taliban a guerilla force, would be sitting at the top of a mountain, have an established check post with 40 taliban insurgents? Dont u think thats worse than suicide esp when u know 3 armies are hunting u? Ir that was the case either army would have taken the taliban check post out without suffering any casualties on their own

3- u think the sole super power of the world will bow down its head and say that it was deliberate but we are sorry? No they will either blame u or say it was an accident
Bcause admitting it was deliberate that would mean almost war

4- u actually believe the propagandist and biased western esp american media?

5- nato will hold an impartial inquiry? That made me laugh sadly. The answer to that is in the point above.

6- the height of naivety is that u think and believe that america came to afghanistan, fought insurgents and after facing defeat, it will leave. Ha ha ha. Seriously? U really think thats why they were here? and so called withdrawal of forces is not complete, they are going to keep a heavy military presence in afghanistan for so called peace keeping and training.

My friend u seriously need to look at things beyond what the media tells you.

And yes, our brave soldiers at the check post had weapons to deal with taliban and insurgents, they didnt have weapons to deal with the most advanced and sophisticate helis and jets of a super power.

I had to reply through my cell, i hope these few facts and basic knowledge got through to u.

God bless
mjkhan (Friday, December 02, 2011)