View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 03, 2011

Wamik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnatariqshah View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind words. Sure, I am here to help!
A little intro of myself – I am an English Literature and Applied Linguistics major from Peshawar University. I have worked as a lecturer in English for two years. However, I currently work as a freelance writer for an American writing firm (online). I have always been a position holder throughout my academic life, so if you are wondering on the ‘three months’ preparation time!

1. Very simple – have an undaunted faith in Allah and the abilities that he has bestowed you with. Walk to the mirror and tell yourself you can conquer the world . While studying, think about all the good things you could do for your country in a capacity of a CSP officer. Feel excited and tell yourself, this is your only chance!
2. Don’t study each and every topic that you come across – though, reading through everything could be a great strategy. I would study 8 hours a day with full concentration. Try to practice old year papers to see the nature of questions and notice the recurring stuff. Watch TV to revitalize your mind – don’t consider it a taboo, like most studious students would do. However, those 8 hours that you have for study – concentrate fully and don’t let your mind bug around on anything irrelevant. Keep your cell off – The biggest source of distraction on earth!
3. While you sit for paper – read the entire paper thoroughly. Bear in mind two things: ~ What questions you know well ~ What questions look scoring to you. Now, while the first one is easy to do, it needs smartness to have a go on the second one. This is especially applicable for EDS – go for questions with solid marks. For instance, the ones those ask you to give examples or abbreviations. (If you know what I mean!) If you are wondering, what made me think this – told you I have been a lecturer, so simply using my experience.
4. ‘MCQs’ is the part where you can grab most marks – so it is wise to spend some time preparing them. Don’t leave them for the last day. Examination schedule is hectic – so do it beforehand. Use exam cram series, Jahangir series and even dogar. Tell me your subjects?
5. Strong writing skills can assist you big time. You are not given straightforward questions like those you had in college exams or so. These are often sculpted out to check your ability to put them effectively into writing. As for me, I am a freelance writer so it wasn’t much of a thing for me. Work on it by reading English newspapers and practicing questions from old papers. Develop a smooth flow in writing – MUST!

If any more questions, feel free to ask. Thanks! Best of luck and pray for my interview please – much appreciated!
Thankyou for ur detailed answer
Plz also share all the names of the books that u studied, as i believe u must hv selected very good books which worked so well for u that u got prepared within 3 months, right.

Plz comment on my writing expression, coz i hv noticed that my scheme of commas & full stops is quite different from your's.

And what do u say about :Political Sc, Indo-Pak history, Interl Law, Const Law, IR.

And weren't you doing any job during those 3 months before CSS?