View Single Post
Old Monday, December 05, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Accounting V/S Psychology

I opted for Accounting in 2011 and after the paper, I was its biggest critic and I was afraid I would fail. Immediately after the paper ended, I had decided that no matter what, I would never opt Accounting again. At that time I felt it was my worst paper but by the Grace of Allah, I passed CE 2011.

Now I have to decide my optionals for CE 2012 and also prepare for interview. I decided to reconsider and took a look at 2011 accounting paper again. It seemed much better and easy compared to 10 months back when I was attempting it.

All this has created a sort of dilemna for me.

Should I opt for Accounting or Psychology?

Accounting: I have read this subject in BBA and MBA and also passed the paper in CE-2011 but I was highly disappointed after the paper because pattern was changed and questions were much more complex relative to past papers. I will have to prepare it anyway for interview but frankly this subject seems risky to me. Very low preparation time but risky

Psychology: I havn't read a single word about this subject in the past but it is scoring and seems interesting. This seems to be a safe subject. High preparation time but low risk.

So what should I do? Opt accounting or psychology?