View Single Post
Old Monday, December 05, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
I opted for Accounting in 2011 and after the paper, I was its biggest critic and I was afraid I would fail. Immediately after the paper ended, I had decided that no matter what, I would never opt Accounting again. At that time I felt it was my worst paper but by the Grace of Allah, I passed CE 2011.

Now I have to decide my optionals for CE 2012 and also prepare for interview. I decided to reconsider and took a look at 2011 accounting paper again. It seemed much better and easy compared to 10 months back when I was attempting it.

All this has created a sort of dilemna for me.

Should I opt for Accounting or Psychology?

Accounting: I have read this subject in BBA and MBA and also passed the paper in CE-2011 but I was highly disappointed after the paper because pattern was changed and questions were much more complex relative to past papers. I will have to prepare it anyway for interview but frankly this subject seems risky to me. Very low preparation time but risky

Psychology: I havn't read a single word about this subject in the past but it is scoring and seems interesting. This seems to be a safe subject. High preparation time but low risk.

So what should I do? Opt accounting or psychology?
Mani I still suggest you to stick to accountancy and Auditing.

Rational behind this suggestion: The extra effort you will put in for Psychology will pay you handsome dividend in accountancy if you devote the same to accountancy. I remember, you lost your temper and went beyond professional to personal allegations in that discussion. But, I ignored these insulting attacks in the capacity of senior and responsible member of the forum.
Despite that controversy, I believe in honest suggestions. Accountancy was on a changed pattern but it was not difficult one. You made it even in that changed pattern. This was a litmus test of your grip over accountancy. You succeeded in it and will score better in 2012 attempt as well.

One should stick to his field of expertise and capitalize it by putting in extra effort rather than experiencing new subjects. Don't start new subject from zero rather revise accountancy and get sound grip on it.

Wish you good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
mani1 (Wednesday, December 07, 2011)