View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 11, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjad sadique View Post
no doubt the points you have mentioned are related to aligarh but you can use them as reference...i mean as background you can refer these points but these are specifically sir sayyid or aligarh's educational,literary services etc....but keep in mind sir sayyid was not in favour of participation in politics....so if anyone asks about political services of aligarh you must focus on the era after sayyid sb i.e 1898 AD. and further you can add the services of aligarh students in khilafat movement, roundtable conferences,AIML campaigns etc etc.

regards
you are wrong here .. aligarh movement was not against politics it was against jumping into politics without the proper training and education. to prove my view point i will quote a passage from an article in dawn.

This approach can be best illustrated through a statement of Muhammad Ali Jauhar about the birth of the Muslim League itself. Jauhar said (ironically while presiding over an annual session of Congress), “In obedience, as it were, to a law of nature, once more after nearly 30 years of the foundation of the college, there came into being a political institution of Muslims.”

Curiously enough, the college mentioned was the MAO College, Aligarh, whose founder Sir Syed Ahmad Khan had advised his followers to stay away from politics. From the perspective of a western academic, it would appear as if either Sir Syed was not farsighted enough to foresee that his community was going to need a political institution very soon, or that his followers left his path when they founded this political institution. Yet, not only in this statement but on every other occasion, Jauhar insisted that Syed was the pioneer of Muslim political activity.

In other words, our identity is not defined by our ideas but by our ideals, goals and the means we leave behind for achieving those goals. In terms of specific ideas, Jauhar and the group of leaders represented by him were the apparent antithesis of Sir Syed`s thought but in terms of ideals and goals they continued the initiative started by him. Sikhaya tha tumhin ne hum ko yeh shore-o-shaghab sara/ Jo is ki inteha hum hain to is ki ibtida tum ho

Hence Jauhar addressed Syed ecstatically in a famous poem, (“You taught us this rabble rousing/ If we are the height of it, you were its genesis”).

source : The long-term goal | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

regards