View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 11, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012 - Roll No.  08854

Mayo1 will become famous soon enough
Default @Soloflyer

Soloflyer, your analysis is bang on target!

i fully agree and endorse your argument. infact i want to add my little contribution to this argument also:
All the leaders of Aligarh Movement collectively and sagaciously entered politics, when the British Govt (Lord Minto the Viceroy of India and the then Secretary of State for India) announced in the House of Commons that His Majesty's Govt would give more representation in all Councils in India and would soon take steps for constitutional reforms, in 1906.
My arguement is "Could Sir Syed himself have avoided politics in 1906 after the announcement for increase in representation and constitution reforms, had he been alive?"
I think he could have led the Muslim himself announcing that Now the time is ripe to launch a political struggle for safeguarding Muslim interests in India.
Moreover, it is also pertinent to add that Simla Deputation included some 35 Muslim leaders across Punjab who agreed to the idea that time had come for Muslims to take steps to protect their rights and interests.
Secondly, at the annual session of AIMEC in late Dec 1906, Aligarh leaders deliberated for days alongwith other Muslim leaders who had come to participate in the AIMEC across India, for founding a proper political party (AIML) to represent Muslim of India.
So Aligarh Movement was not against politics infact its leaders wanted to train Muslims educationally and politically so they could understand "BRITISH AND HINDU REAL POLITIK" purely based on protection and promotion of interests.

(Comments await criticism, if any from all)
Regards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mayo1 For This Useful Post:
anum balouch (Thursday, December 19, 2013), awais222 (Wednesday, December 02, 2020), very special 1 (Monday, December 12, 2011)