View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 13, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Hawk View Post
I agree with you...Nazim should be there and ofcourse Nazim will have to be the head of the district because a nazim will never agree to wotk in tandem with DC/DCO .....LGO-2001 was very good on paper if that had been implemented in true letter n spirit...the reality was very different as compared to the text in LGO...Nazim tried to play politics with DCO n DPO ...Nazim was not under provincial Govt...so he dint pay a heed towards Provincial Govt's directions...Moreover DCO n DPO became confused between provincial govt and Nazums.....I think if democracy prevails in the country for next 20-25 years then democracy would be mature enough and i think then Lgo System can be a success...till then as a nation we have to build our democratic attitudes...BUT NO DOUBT GOVERNMENT THROUGH ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES is a good idea BUT there must be check n balance on their performance as well.

1st Class Magistracy powers should be their with the Distt Govt whetger there is LGO system or not coz cases like ptice control,RTA issues,encrochments,adulteration in eatables, Revenue collection, maintenance of G law n.order can b ensured smoothly with these powers...this doesnt adds executive with judiciary it is just to enforce local laws effectively

yes sir you are right ..the magistracy powers should be with the DC, and the problem with LGO was that it was not clear that who was heading the magistracy, although the ex-commissioner's power of magistracy were taken from him but no other person was made in charge of it . in any case these powers cannot be with an elected representative , since he will be under too much pressure of the people and he cannot make wise decisions, and if he succumbs to pressure of the people then he will take impartial decisions.

i read somewhere " imagine if you have to write a will and instead of transferring your wealth to your children you decide to transfer it to your grandchildren, then how would your children feel? " this i think was the main problem with the LGO ,since the provincial government was left out of the loop and its main aim was to offset the value of provincial governments.

those who say that under LGO , the DC has to report to a NAZIM , must know that if DC reports to chief secretary then secretary reports to CM. CM who is elected by MPAs and then MPAs are elected by people. so in the end the power belongs to the people. whether it is through the indirect loop or the direct loop.

I would want some more elaboration from your side against the LGO system. It should be against the system and not against the nazims. because if the people are corrupt then no matter what the system is , the people will always find a way to do corruption.

the reason I am asking for your guidance is because you are in the field and you know about the pros and cons of both the systems

thanks again sir..

regards
The Following User Says Thank You to soloflyer For This Useful Post:
SADIA SHAFIQ (Tuesday, December 13, 2011)