View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bilal Ahsan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
Introduction

Recruitment in NAB used to be advertised in national newspapers usually during September to December every year. According to my knowledge the last ad appeared in the first half of 2008 but due to PPP government's biased assault on NAB, the candidates who appeared for written tests never received any call for the interviews.

My experience

I secured 95 % marks (written test + interview) which became a national record for NAB and still unbroken. I served in NAB for one year which proved to be the best experience of my life and NAB was the most prestigious and powerful institution at that time. And perhaps the only institution which hired officers in grade 17 & 18 directly without any involvement of FPSC.

I received six months training in NIBAF Islamabad and afterwards posted in NAB Sindh. I made some arrests and personally interrogated CSPs and PSPs. No institution, except armed forces, was free from the watchful eyes of NAB. And the pay was much higher comparitively with other departments. Officers on deputation in NAB did everything to stay there because of the unmatched power and higher pay. Even the Chinese government sought NABs help in setting up anti-corruption institution of their own. I was one of the officers who was supposedly going to China to train the Chinese officials.

The NRO Gang

Suddenly, the most corrupt and hypocrite politicians in our history became masters of this country and naturally NAB became their first victim. NRO was introduced and National Accountability Ordinance was discarded and hence NAB became impotent. All funds were stopped, vehicles taken away and contract employees were laid off within a blink of an eye. The cases of all the corrupt big fishes were immediately closed.

Present Scenario

Presently NAB is given 70 crores rupees in this year's budget. Hopefully, their is some talk going on to revamp the NAB but nothing in practice. And it could also be possible that NAB(or NAC) might hire new investigation officers (BPS 17) because of the new budget and non-political background of the present officers.

Hope that I answered your question. Any other question is welcome.

regards,
floydian
How long will it take to complete the hiring process and what would be the salary and privileges of BS 16 jio.

THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilal Ahsan For This Useful Post:
adnan quaidian (Wednesday, December 14, 2011)