View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 14, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

nadem will become famous soon enough
Default @ Sana

There are only 3 posts in Police..i.e SHO,DPO & IGP (PPO) As far as powers related to PPC are concerned almost every police officer depends on the powers of an SHO...even an IG cannot do anything until an FIR is lodged by the SHO and unfortunately most of the general public has to deal with the SHO and dat is why once a proposal was under consideration that an ASP should be posted at the level of a PS ...that was too ambiyious i guess...the thing whivh can be done is that SHO must be bound to lodge an FIR on the directions of a senior (ASP,DSP,SP etc) moreover an FIR shiuld not be effective untill it is verified by the concerned ASP/DSP

About IO,well i think IOs should be there in PSs but the overall head of the PS should be the SHO, the devision between operation & investigation should be only at the level of PS NOT above that...here we see in distts..DPO n SP Investigation go in different directions, creating a strange situation in the distt