View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 27, 2011
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 419

intelligentgal is on a distinguished road

A very good effort friends. keep it up. God bless you all.
Here goes my little contribution:

GNP:

Gross National Product (GNP) is the market value of all products and services produced in one year by labor and property supplied by the residents of a country. Unlike Gross Domestic Product (GDP), which defines production based on the geographical location of production, GNP allocates production based on ownership.

(the difference between GDP and GNP is that in former foreign remittances are included while GNP does not take foreign remittances into account, Please correct me if i am wrong)

Recession

In economics, a recession is a business cycle contraction, a general slowdown in economic activity. During recessions, many macroeconomic indicators vary in a similar way. Production, as measured by gross domestic product (GDP), employment, investment spending, capacity utilization, household incomes, business profits, and inflation all fall, while bankruptcies and the unemployment rate rise.

Recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending, often following an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Governments usually respond to recessions by adopting expansionary macroeconomic policies, such as increasing money supply, increasing government spending and decreasing taxation.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to intelligentgal For This Useful Post:
Eager (Tuesday, December 27, 2011), Invincible (Sunday, February 05, 2012), pisceankhan (Tuesday, October 14, 2014), suzaq2005 (Wednesday, December 28, 2011)