View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ainuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really nice

For Better And Convenient Reading And Understanding Of English.
Etymology is the study of the history of words, their origins, and how their form and meaning have changed over time.
Here again I quote that I had never studied etymology at all but had good common sense of comparing different words and taking out the similarities.
Nothing is easy or difficult to study. All I know is easy to me and vice versa.
It also needs one's personal interest as well to develop the skill.
Developing the skill of etymology needs your keen observation along with little effort.
Another example for etymology is as follows.
The words such as spectacle, spectrum, prospect, aspect, spectacular, inspection, inspector, etc, have some thing in common and that is "spec". So one can easily develop the sense that all these words have more or less the similar meanings having a common word among them.
All have some connection, one way or the other, with the meaning "view".
Hence, one can easily guess the meanings of various bizarre words one comes across while reading a newspaper or some other piece of writing.
Regards,
Ainuddin Kibzai.
oriental (Wednesday, December 28, 2011), r4rehan (Tuesday, January 03, 2012), sajidnuml (Wednesday, December 28, 2011), Silent.Volcano (Wednesday, December 28, 2011), Stallion on the move (Wednesday, December 28, 2011), zuhaib ahmed (Tuesday, February 14, 2012)