View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 01, 2012

Wali Ahad will become famous soon enoughWali Ahad will become famous soon enough
Default Don't swear by the "notes"

its my sincere advice to every fellow aspirant..

we tend to overestimate the importance of "notes", secure in a twisted belief that just because they worked for someone else, they will do the trick for us too..we overlook the fact that these much sought-after items are available to thousands of other aspirants which kinda dilutes their effectiveness;as our aim is to stand out by differentiating our answer, not blend in with the crowd by reproducing something which has been written by most of the others...

but the purpose of this post was NOT to highlight the above mentioned commonsensical observation..no, i wanted to expose another pitfall of these notes...the errors

i heard a lot about these notes by a famous professor working at IIU...i thought it wont hurt to take a look..
and i found the following errors in one sitting

2008 Arabic paper 1.
6. Al Ahram newspaper was first published in
according to professor sb, the answer is none of these
while the correct answer is Alexandria

16. author of الوساطه بين المتني و خصومه اسم المؤلف
professor sb ticked the option of Al amdi
while the correct answer is al jurjani

2001 paper 1
12. Ibn al amid was
a famous writer according to the prof
while the correct option is historian

paper 2
2. author of طفل من القرية
professor sb encircled mustafa lutfi
while the correct answer is syed qutb

i would like to make clear that i dont have sufficient prior knowledge of Arabic history and literature...i am only a compulsive crosschecker and chronic googler

so folks, caution is advised..DO NOT rely solely on the n**** (i detest the word)..no matter how intimidating the name and credentials of the professor are
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wali Ahad For This Useful Post:
Kamran (Sunday, January 01, 2012), parhakubacha (Friday, January 27, 2012)