View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 04, 2012

MisbahMalik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilatif View Post
Miss as suresh lasi has pointed out your introduction is not appropriate and according to the needed principles of essay writing. Secondly, addressing someone in essay, as you have pointed out to the COAS, is again not encouraged. Furthermore, as dear suresh has already pointed out that there is no need of writing difficult words in essay, so i second his opinion that you must write simple words so that even a lay man can understand. But as you asked that if you wrote simple words in essay then what is need of developing vocabulary. Miss vocabulary development is an integral part of css preparation. since, to qualify composition paper, you must have a rich vocabulary. There is a five marks question on antonym and synonym, which requires vocabulary, without it You cant comprehend the paragraph to make the precise. A question on reading comprehension also needs strong vocabulary. Last but not the least, without vocabulary it will be extremely difficult to understand the long question being asked in papers like current affairs, pakistan affairs and Islamiat.

However, as you have said that it was just a casual write up, so by considering this point of view, i believe, it was a good attempt. since, grammatical and spelling mistakes are negligible. Moreover, writing style is also not below the standard level.

hope you have understood my point of view.

Regards

Great! This was the review I was looking for. Next time I’ll come up with a short write up for Essay.

I got two things from your post:

1) I should not impress the Essay examiner with my insane vocabulary.
2) I should go with technical words for CA, PA & Islamiat paper.

Would you like to point out grammatical & spelling mistakes in the post?