Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old Monday, January 15, 2007
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 45th overall and 5th in nwfp

Clockwise is on a distinguished road

Sarah plz relax....i think i can safely say that maybe 90% of the css candidates don't have govt. job experience. The comand task has nothing to do with knowledge about govt. depts. their responsibilities etc. The concept of command task is to see if u possess leadership qualities alongwith confidence. Also how u conduct a meeting. U will be given a write up and will be given 15 minutes to analyze the situation, the problem and think of some viable solutions. U may or may not be given the capacity in which u will be required to act eg. Chairman CBR, DCO IG police etc.The problem may be technical but they r not expecting a very technical solution from u. Very common sensical things also suffice. Then u will be asked to move to the head of table n u will have to bigin. U can start by saying that as Secretary Interior (or whatever ur title is. If no title is given don't say anything) i have called this meeting as we have a problem. Explain the problem as well as u can but in a short time. Then u start asking the other candidates one by one what their views are to the solution of this problem. Then conclude by thanking the collegues n announcing that u will follow the following plan of action: then u can state one i will do this, two i will do this and so on. Conclude n just get up from the head of the table n move back to ur chair.Remember u have to finish within 8 minutes its very important.

Some examples that we had in our group were:
Secretary education is discussing the problems in education sector like political interference in teacher transfer etc.
DCO faces problem that a big feudal lord ofhis district dies leaving behind a very young son. The uncle of the child wants to kill him. DCO has to come up with a solution in which both parties r to be kept satisfied.
Secretary health has the problem of emission of industrial sulphuric gas in the open n it is causing a chaos. He has to give solution to this problem.

Hope these will help u.
afaq_hunts (Sunday, November 29, 2009), amnatariqshah (Sunday, December 04, 2011), Asifr (Wednesday, April 02, 2008), aurkn (Saturday, July 18, 2009), Eager (Thursday, December 08, 2011), game on (Saturday, May 12, 2012), Gulrukh (Friday, December 02, 2011), hadia hassan (Sunday, October 16, 2016), HayatKhan (Wednesday, September 03, 2008), ilyas sowdad (Tuesday, September 09, 2014), IqbalZafa (Friday, October 07, 2016), Jalilkhan (Friday, December 02, 2011), khalidusman (Thursday, October 11, 2012), Layth (Friday, March 03, 2017), Maria Farooq (Thursday, March 06, 2014), salik_malik (Sunday, February 15, 2009), Seemab (Tuesday, October 09, 2012), Silent.Volcano (Sunday, November 24, 2013), silza (Monday, December 15, 2014), srsydn (Wednesday, August 12, 2015), UbaidKhalid (Monday, December 17, 2012)