View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
1- Source of revenue is a politial motive. I mean he needed revenues to govern his Ghazni and to maintain a strong standing army and to build Ghazni and what not. Paisa na ho to mulk hi nahin chalta(this has been my understanding till this day).

I am in denial of your above statement.your explanatin can`t be term as political motive.because you need to revise the definition of politics. Invasion if characterized as a cause of his making of dominion then it might be termed as political motive.Inspite of large numbers of invasion he did not occupied a single one territory .so above arguments is rejected as political one. one can term is economical motive not political one. if mine explanation is not worthy then please consult any of the person which can satisfy you or have ye status.

Quote:
2- If the light of my arguments, the reason he didn't invade China was because there wasn't enough treasure there as compared to India(which prove my point ke India mein hi wo kyun aaya warna Islam ke liye jana hota to wo kaheen bhi ja sakta tha) and secondly it also endorses my point ke it was not zeal for Islam alone agar zeal for Islam hi sub kuch tha to phir wo China kyun nae gia, sirf India ke ghair muslim hi usko kyun nazar aaye.
yep ! that was`nt zeal . then imperilistic Hujjaj bin yousaf had sent qutbiya toward china and Qasim to India . and reward will given to those who will able to conquer it .so me not denying it was imperilism but it was under the guise of jihaad. we can not said Qasim as looter not ghaznavi because later did the same job of former but under some independence.

secondly ,ghaznavi why did not went to china because ,his life did not allowed. enthroned at the age of 27 he died in 1030 A.D where as crowned in 997 0r 998 A.D probably . his capital was Afganistan and had to settle internal difficulties which he did during the course of time . No Great invaders went far beyond his territories without setlling frontier disputes .

3-
Quote:
And if you ask me about his initial wealth to han wo itni jiada nae thi magar see the progression of his invasions... wo seedha Somnath pe thorri na charh dorra, pehlay frontier, phir Peshawar.. phir aahista aahista daaira e kaar waseeh karta chalta gia.. ke jesay jesay his reserves increased.

here ,you did not understand my argument .Why i referred it to den,because he already have wealth even when jaipal invaded during the reign of subgtagain and later .yup he had asked hindu raja of baran to help him if jaiplal inavded in ghaznai .but that hindu raja did not help in coarse of invasion . this resulted in his second invasion to sub-continent which can not be termed as jihad but do not prove him as a pluderer too. this can be termed political motive of his invasion . this one invasion which i think was in 1002 or in 03 was political one.

Quote:
4- I really don't know about this episode in which Black Stone was stolen and it was Mehmood Ghaznavi who recovered it or perhaps I am forgetting something here. Anyways can you please put a reference here(so that I may also read that) and also tell me which invasion was this? I mean 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 17th? whatever.
1.1000 A.D it was for maiking a route

2.1006 A.D was in multan against Daud the ismaili and qaramite.

3.1007 A.D against sukhpal or nawas shah becuse he coverted toward Islam.mahmud inserted charge in his hand to crush the batani movement but he reverted back to his oriiginal din and aided qaramites

4.again agianst Da`ud but i forgot the year .

these four invasion wrere termed as pure jihad which had started from making a route and invasion .first invasion was to conquer pass" and later to invade via this route .17-5=12 .we now move toward his other invasion .his last invasion was gainst jets and meds who attacked the troops of mahmud when he was backing from somnath . 12-1=11 . because jets and mesd initiated this.it had neither economical,neither political purpose .now remainig 11 invasion are under discussion

1.1008 battle of waihind
2.1018 conquest of Qanuj

these battles were initiated by hindus .jaipal burnt himself after defeat in ghazni but mahmud forgave him. so rajputs were very offensive and want to avenge .these two battles were fought in confederation. remainig are left 9 invasions . which were follwed by conquest of kangra /nagrkoat,kashmir ,gawalir,kalinjar and somnath .Qnuj ko and gawalior ko chor ke all are the centres of intrigues and confederation met in tepmles .these places are sacred and rich with temples.raja and brajamns meetings set there even temple map and key location are inebbed in godesses .not down the account after defeat in peshawer and waihind hindu major raja fled toward kashmir and the above mentioned places are included in kashmir but not gawalior which is in mewar and Mewar lie under rajputana .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ somnath was the center of intrigues against Muslims
Quote:

1.Mahmud of Ghazni made two attempts between 1015-1021 to conquer Kashmir, but was unsuccessful. Mahmud of Ghazni attacked temples in the subcontinent because the temples were the seats of political power.

2.The Brahaman priests kept all knowledge to themselves. They kept all knowledge away from the population, locked up in temples (including the knowledge to build the temple). To destroy the political and military power of the city, the temple had to be destroyed. Since the high priest controlled the populations, they had to be defeated. The temples also contained all knowledge of the area. Mohammed Ghauri was the founder of the Muslim empire in India (1173 A.D).

3.He may have wanted the money, but also wanted to spread Islam and did his best to destroy temples even when offered large sums to leave the temples alone. The Indian historian Romila Thapar [2002] takes a middle view: Mahmud needed money for his wars; India’s temples were known to contain fabulous treasures; we need not look for more complicated explanations.After the fall of Punjab, the Hindu think tank assembled at Somnath – which was more of a political center than a temple – to plan a big war against Mahmud. He took all the Rajas and Maharajas by surprise when he attacked Somnath and crushed the Hindu headquarter of political intrigue. With the destruction of Somnath he broke the backbone of the Hindus in the region and thus had no need to attack India againThapar said he was undoubtedly an iconoclast, and hardly averse to destroying temples to gain favor when he went to heaven. Nonetheless, he warred equally with other Islamic sects, because he was a Sunni. The secondary purpose of his raids may have been tied up with his need to convert Shias to Sunni beliefs.

Last edited by marwatone; Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Confusion cleared. Removing last quote.