View Single Post
Old Monday, January 23, 2012

Wali Ahad will become famous soon enoughWali Ahad will become famous soon enough
Default Media Vigilantism

Those of you who frequent Express tribune must have come across an interesting blogpost about Maya Khan's Morning show...
apparently the lady (Maya), accompanied by a whole group of moralists, chased couples in a park!! quite understandably an outpouring of outrage has followed on the internet...from cafe pyala to Defence forum, from teeth maestro to individual blogs the web has been set ablaze with protests against this form of vigilantism..even a petition is being signed against the program and the conduct of its host...

since journalism is arguably the most common optional subject of candidates, i thought it would be illuminating to discuss this program with forum members....plz delimit the scope of discussion to vigilantism, moral policing, rating wars in media and potential consequences of irresponsible media coverage.
http://www.youtube.com/v/BqCRxTkziR0

please refrain from posting abusive/derogatory comments about the host..as much as she deserves the censure coming her way, we must conform to the standards of civilized discussion..(my-my i sound llike maya myself