Thread: Quotations.
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Naqash Fatima is on a distinguished road

" There are at least two kinds of cowards.One kind always lives with himself,afraid to face the world.The other kind lives with the world,afraid to face himself " Roscoe Snowden

'' Time goes,you say?Ah,no!alas,time stays,we go ''
Henry Austin Dobson

'' Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.Don't resist them,that only creats sorrow.Let reality be reality.Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like ''
Lao Tzu

'' You grow up the day you have your first real laugh,at yourself ''R. W.Emerson

'' A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom ''
Martin Luther King

'' There are only two forces that unite men - fear and interest ''Napoleon Bonaparte

'' Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge.So it is incumbent on me to know my self,to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms ''
Khalil Gibran

'' Be what you are.This is the first step toward becoming better than you are ''J.C.Hare

'' Do you know the difference between education and experience?

Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. ''Pete Seegar

'' The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things ''
Epictetus

'' Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody ''
Mark Twain

'' All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired ''
Martin Luther

'' Know thy self, know thy enemy.A thousand battles, a thousand victories ''Sun Tzu

'' By three methods we may learn wisdom:First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest ; and third by experience, which is the bitterest ''
Confucius

'' An individual has not started living untill he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity ''
Martin Luther King

'' If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all ''

'' A man should not leave this earth with unfinished business.He should live each day as if it was a pre-flight check.He should ask each morning, am i prepared to lift-off? ''

'' The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this :
Decide what you want ''

'' Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings ''

'' He who pursues fame at the risk of losing his self is not a scholar ''

'' An optimist is a guy that has never had much experience '' D.Marquis

'' Though i am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who i am.My feet are still on the ground.I'm just wearing better shoes '' Oprah Winfrey
Ainee zulfiqar (Tuesday, January 31, 2012), doli (Tuesday, January 31, 2012), unsolved_Mystery (Tuesday, January 31, 2012)