View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 01, 2012

waqas virk jat is on a distinguished road
Default Western strike on iran-its impact

Western or Israeli attack on iran and its possible impacts

If the question asks u to analyse whether there would be strike or not on iran, then you take a particular position and substantiate it with u're points. For example, if i say that yes there is a possibility of an American or Israeli strike then i'll argue that on the following grounds i am supporting the proposition.

1- Nuclear iran a nightmare to U.S and Europe
2- Nuclear iran would significantly undermine israeli security
3- Elections in U.S- Obama can give approval to a strike to gain political support
4- IAEA Report- says that iran is working on a military programme;there is credible evidence
5- Recent tensions with arab countries, s.arabia in particular- Arabs would support such a venture as they themselves are wary of nuclear iran
6- Western thinktanks and media have already begun advocating a stike and calculating the risks involved in such a move.

IMPACTS OF THE STRIKE

1- It would expose western double standards over proliferation -silent over israeli programme; U.S deal with india-not a signatory to npt

2- U.N as an effective body- unable to maintain peace and avoid wars

3- Oil price hike- impact on the economy all around, pakistan in particular

4- Exacerbate anti-americanism

5- Clash of Civilisation- It would alienate the moslem world. Attack would be conceived as yet another attack on moslem country

6- Internal instability in Pakistan- Shiite community (as happened in 1979)

7- Precarious situation in middle east- Iran exercises considerable sway in lebanon,syria and palestine

8- Iran might retaliate- possesses cruise missiles which can easily target israel, thereby a strike might turn into an open war

9- Embolden tough-liners in iran- Attack would Embolden tough-liners in iran- something world leaders are averse to.