View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 09, 2012

Afshan Choudary will become famous soon enoughAfshan Choudary will become famous soon enough

change the narration from direct to indirect or indirect to direct speech

1). Our sociology professor said , ‘I expect you to be in class every day. Unexcused absences may affect your grades.’
Our sociology professor said that he expected us to be in class every day. He warned us that unexcused absences might affect our graders.

2). My father often told me , ‘every obstacle is a steppingstone to success. You should view problems in your life as opportunities to prove yourself.’
My father advised me that every obstacle is a steppingstone to success and that I should view problems in my life as opportunities to prove myself.

3). When tom asked Jack why he could’nt go to the game, Jack said he didn’t have enough money for a ticket.
Tom said to Jack, “Why you cannot go to home?”, “I don’t have enough money for ticket”, Jack replied.

4). When I asked the ticked seller if the concert was going to be rescheduled, she told me that she didn’t know and said that she just worked there.
I said to the ticket seller, “Is the concert going to be rescheduled?”, “I don’t know, I just work here”, said the ticket seller.

5). Ali said, ‘I must go to Lahore next week to visit my ailing mother.’
Ali said that he would have to go to Lahore the following week to visit his ailing mother.

6). The policeman told the pedestrian, ‘you mustn’t cross the road against the red light’
The policeman warned the pedestrian not to cross the road against the red light.

7). Ahmed asked if what I said was really true.
Ahmad said, “ what I say Is it really true?”

8). Sarah wanted to know where they would be tomorrow around three O’clock.
Sara asked, “Where will we be tomorrow around three O’clock?”
The Following User Says Thank You to Afshan Choudary For This Useful Post:
Mahvish Shahid (Friday, February 10, 2012)