View Single Post
Old Friday, February 10, 2012

Amigo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afshan Choudary View Post

Change the narration from Indirect to Direct or Direct to Indirect

1. I could not got into the house because I had lost my key, so I had to break a window", he said.
He said that he didn't get into the house because he had been lost his key so he had been to broke a window.

He said that he could not get into the house because he had lost his key, so he had to break a window.[you can't use been here]

2. "Would you like to see over the house or are you more interested in the garden"? She asked me.
She asked me whether I like to saw over the house or I were more interested in the garden.

She asked me if/whether I would like to see over the house or I was more interested in the garden.

3. "Please send whatever you can spare. All contributions will be acknowledged immediately", Said Secretary of the disastrous fund.
Secretary of the disastrous fund requested to send whatever we could spare as all contributions would be acknowledged immediately.

I think this one is correct

4. She asked if he'd like to go to the concert and I said I was sure he would.
She said to me,"Will he like to go to the concert" , i said "I am sure he will".

She said to me,"Will he like to go to the concert?". I said, "I am sure he will".

5. I told her to stop making a fuss about nothing and said that she was lucky to have got a seat at all.
I said to her, "Stop making a fuss about nothing, you are lucky to have a seat at all."

I said to her, "Stop making a fuss about nothing. You are lucky to have got a seat at all."

6. The teacher said, "You must not forget what I told you last lesson. I shall expect you to be able to repeat it next lesson by hear."
The teacher told that i must not forgot about her last lesson and she should expect that i might be able to repeat it coming lesson by heart .

The teacher told me/said to me that I must not forget what she had told me last lesson and said that she would expect me to be able to repeat it coming lesson by heart .

7. He asked me if he should leave it in the car

He said to me,"Shall i leave it in the car".

He said to me,"Shall i leave it in the car?".

8. He said, "May I open the window? It's rather hot in here."
He asked me if he might open the window and said that it was rather hot in there.
I have corrected your mistakes to the best of my knowledge. Any specific sentence from this question paper you want to discuss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afshan Choudary View Post

Change the narration from Indirect to Direct or Direct to Indirect

1) On Monday he said, "My son is coming today."
He said on Monday that his son was coming that day.

2) They wanted to know where he was going the following week.

They said, "Where is he going the next week?"

3) He said, "Did she go yesterday?"
He asked if she had gone previous day.

4) 'By God', he said, "I do not know her nickname."
He swore by God that he did not know her nickname.

5) He says that we are to meet him at the station.
He says, "We are to meet him at the station"

6) He said, "I don't know the way. ask the old man sitting on the gate."
He said that he did not know the way and that to ask the old man sitting on the gate.

7) My father prayed that i would recover from my illness.

My father said to me, "May you recover."

8) He said, "How will you manage it?"

He asked that how he would managed it.
All are correct except for the last sentence. It should be 'manage' instead of 'managed'.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Monday, May 07, 2012 at 01:42 AM.